Sunday, December 5, 2021

Quizlet Checkpoint


Raise your hand if you use Quizlet.

Now raise your hand if you use Quizlet Live.

Well, have you heard about Quizlet Checkpoint?

It is described as a quick and fun formative assessment, and I think that is a pretty good description.

Yes, there are already a lot of  interactive formative assessments out there, but I don't see anything wrong with adding another to the mix.

And, my students really enjoy it!

I love when they start counting...5,4,3,2,1....  


You have to play to know what I mean.You select the terms you want to use, and it takes you to a format just like Quizlet live. The kids already know how to sign in, so that makes it easy. You have to have at least 2 students in order to play.

I like that I can copy the link because I have been hybrid the last few days, so I just popped the link into the ZOOM chat and my ZOOM kiddos are in the game!



The students can use the same devices they use for Quizlet Live. When they post their answer, they get encouraging terms, like "You're doing great" if they get it right or "Try this one later." if it is incorrect. After all the students have selected an answer,  it shows the results, (no names).


At the end of the round the teacher gets a Class Summary, top scorers, and the breakdown of the answers that were chosen.(That was me trying to play on my phone and other profile. Didn't work out well.:)

And what I really like is that the students get their score, results, and a review of questions. They can choose from "All questions" or "Missed questions."

Yes, I know there are already a slew of formative assessments out there, but if you are looking for a change, try Checkpoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Canva: A Presentation Tool for All!

The first thing I want to say is that educators can get a FREE subscription . It is rare that educators get anything for free, especially an...